Be sure to download and install this if you get an error when trying to run LOLReplay:
.NET Framework (3.5 SP1 or 4.0)
– Fixes to support for patch 5.6
– Support for patch 5.5
– Quick fix for issues when starting a game after patch 5.4
– Fixes for some issues introduced by patch 5.3
– Support for upcoming 5.3.x patch (currently on PBE)
– Fixed replay playback to work with Riot patch 5.1
– Fixed camera rotation for 184.108.40.2067 replays
– Please note that replays with the “Old Format” Warning are still not supported. We apologize for this but we will attempt to add support for them again next month.
– Fixed recording some recording issues introduced in the latest League of Legends patch
– Fixed issues with camera rotation in 4.21 replays
– Fixed an issue with hiding the UI via the 'u’ key, for replays on the new SR map
– Fixed recording issues introduced by Riots 4.21 patch
– Fixed an issue which could cause the game to crash at the start of a match for some users when LOLReplay was open
– Fixed an issue which sometimes prevented replays being named correctly and stats not being recorded
– Fixed a number of issues with PBE replay recording and playback.
– Fixed recording issues which occurred on various regions (including NA… sorry about that :/ )
– Fixed further recording issues which previously prevented games being recorded in spec mode
– Fixed issues with camera tilt and rotation
– Updated recording to work with latest League of Legends patch. (Fixes the “old format error” – note this will unfortunately not fix any replays recorded before installing this update)
– First pass on new bug reporting system (accessed via clicking the button in the bottom left hand corner)
– Fixed a bug which could cause recording issues
– Various minor bug fixes
– Fixed a bug which could cause a black screen when trying to play back some replays. Be sure to select “yes” if you receive a “Cached exe version appears invalid” error.
– Fixed some minor issues for Garena and TR users.
– Minor UI improvements
– Fixed a bug with some Unicode names displaying incorrectly
– Fixed a bug which caused crashes for some users when starting a match
– Re enabled screenshot capture functionality
– Thumbnail is now displayed for new replays
– Camera no longer locks up momentarily when rotating for the first time
– Fixed camera jitter / jerky movements when playing back camera paths
– Fixed a bug which could cause a crash when trying to add the first camera waypoint
– New free cam mode allowing full control of the camera (Right click and drag, then press ‘’ to enable free cam)
– Improved support for old replays (Currently 4.4.x.x+, but we’ll be adding support for replays right back to around 2012 in the near future)
– Fixed a bug which prevented replays from recording for some players with Unicode characters in their names (mainly on EUNE).
– Fixed a bug which could cause “Spectator data unavailable” and other errors when trying to play back replays.
– Heaps of bug fixes and behind the scenes changes to make things hopefully run smoother in the future
– Quick fix so that replays do not crash with the latest league of legends patch (4.8.x)
– Fixed various minor issues with the LOLReplay UI
– Note that we have been working on some major updates in the near future, but this is just a minor patch in the interim
– Fixed a bug where the game window could run in the background and not be visible when playing a replay
– Fixed a bug where LOLReplay would display version errors and not load replays
– Fixed a bug where the game client could crash on attempting to rotate the camera during a replay (ie right clicking)
– Various other minor bug fixes and back end improvements
– Various bug fixes for latest version of League of Legends
– Some minor fixes for Windows 8 users
– End of match stats will now display trinkets as well as items (for newly recorded replays)
– Various other fixes for match stats.
– Holding Ctrl or Alt while right click dragging will now rotate about a single axis.
– Fixed some issues with playback of PBE replays
– Fixed some issues which could cause replays to crash during loading
– Fixed an issue which caused replays to crash when loading (Note that backwards compatibility is currently unsupported, however I am working on it…)
– Camera can now be rotated as well as tilted (Right click + drag)
– View distance can be increased or decreased via '<' and '>' keys
– Camera rotation can be reset via the 'i’ key
– UI can be toggled via 'u’ key (Note this was an existing feature, I’m just pointing it out here until I get around to adding a controls list somewhere…)
– Fix for match stat recording
– Fixed an issue which could cause playback and version errors
– Fix for crash issues introduced in League of Legends update 3.12 (PBE).
– Fix for various recording and playback issues (Mainly those seen on PBE and which would be apparent once the next patch – 3.12 goes live).
– Fixed an issue which could cause replays to be recorded with no map or player list
– Minor bug fixes for latest patch, more fixes to come soon.
– Fixed a bug where hiding the UI (Via the 'u’ hotkey) Hid grass and other game elements as well as the UI.
– Other Minor bug fixes
– Official Riot replays (from the PBE) now show up in the replay list
– Fixed a bug which prevented replays being recorded in spectator mode
– Improved reverse patching system
– Fixed a bug which could cause the LOLClient to crash on showing the end of match stats screen.
– Fixed playback of older replays (3.03.0.198+), note that replays from prior to 3.03.0.198 may not function correctly, and there are still some minor graphical glitches that need to be resolved for replays prior to 220.127.116.11 well.
– Preliminary support for playback of official replays (will be enabled once Riot sort things out on the PBE and I get a chance to give it a more thorough test).
– Known issue: Stat recording and replay auto-naming currently do not work
– Fixed replay playback for standard mode Season 3 replays.
– Improved load time for standard mode replays
– Camera tilt and extended zoom now function correctly for Season 3 replays.
– Temporary fix for spectator recording post Season 3 patch. Note that various functionality including playback of existing Season 3 replays currently does not work. We will get everything fixed again, but it may take a little more time.
– Fixed extended zoom and camera tilt for 18.104.22.168 replays.
– If you still have any issues with Fog of War, try enabling shadows (use any setting except No Shadows)
– Fixed an issue introduced by League of Legends patch 22.214.171.124 which prevented replays from being recorded in spectator mode.
– Fixed a bug which could cause spectator replays to freeze on or shortly after the loading screen
– Various other minor bug fixes
– Fixed an issue which could cause spectator mode replays to stop playback near the start of the replay on older PCs.
– Game settings (such as resolution, fullscreen/borderless/window mode etc) are now separate from standard game configuration. ie modifying settings in a replay will not effect settings in the next game you play and vice versa.
– Fixed an issue which could cause spectator replays to stop playback part way through
– Various Spectator mode improvements
– Spectator replays are now saved to a sub folder named “spectator” (Note this has been in there for a few versions but somehow got omitted from the patch notes).
– Various minor fixes for spectator mode.
– Ctrl-U now hides all UI elements in both Spectator and standard replay modes.
– Fixed a bug which could cause SpecMode replay loading to stop at the end of the loading screen.
– Fixed a bug which caused Tournament replays containing a pause to pause for far to long (there is now no pause).
– New context menu options for copying replay links and opening in browser when right clicking on an uploaded replay.
– Support for SpecMode recording on Brazilian server
– Enhanced camera zoom during replay playback
– Improved replay list and replay detail view load times
– Fixed an issue which could cause multiple error dialogs if League of Legends is not installed.
– Improved loading speed of replays from 126.96.36.199
– Fixed an error which could cause playing older replays to fail for Garena users
– SpecMode recording is now enabled by default.
– Improved support for Garena users.
– Added support for SpecMode recording on Garena SEA/SG server.
– Fixed an issue which could cause replay packaging to fail in some rare cases.
– Fixed a bug which prevented login from working in the client.
– Fixed an issue which could cause standard mode replay recording to fail, resulting in firewall errors when attempting to play back the replay.
– Improved translations, as well as added support for Macedonian (thanks to Chejo)
– Improved support for Chinese server
– Fixed a bug which caused some replays to load much slower than they should have been.
– Updated translations for Spanish, Hungarian, German, Vietnamese, Dutch, Bulgarian, Russian, Slovene, Lithuanian, Portuguese (Brazil), Greek, Korean, Hebrew, (thanks everyone!)
– New Ukranian translation thanks to Synchrofazotron
– Fixed installer language options to include all languages
– Fixed a bug which caused both SpecMode and standard replays to be saved by default (even if the option had not yet been ticked)
– Optimized CPU usage, especially while the application is idle in the system tray.
– Fixed an issue which could cause replays to crash while loading
– Fixed an issue which could cause replays not to save in SpecMode even if the option was ticked
– Added an option to save multiple replays for each match – one in spec mode, and one in standard mode
– Fixed a bug which prevented user login (and subsequently replay uploading) from working
– Fixed various issues with playback of older replays (188.8.131.52-184.108.40.206). Note that 220.127.116.11 and older are still unsupported.
– Fixed an issue which caused 18.104.22.168 replays to load slower than they should do.
– Fixed an issue introduced in 22.214.171.124 which prevented screenshots being saved during matches.
– LOL Replay now remembers installation options for the next time that it is installed.
– Fixed an issue which could prevent replays from recording for some users.
– Fixed an issue which prevented PBE replays from playing back
– Fixed a bug which could prevent replays being recording in SpecMode, even if the option was ticked
– Added support for recording SpecMode replays on the Thai server
– Improved application start up speed
– Various performance and responsiveness improvements, most noticeably when browsing replays
– Fixed a bug which could cause replays to skip the start of the replay during playback
– Added a new naming option “<region>”
– Added new naming options: <elo>, <avgelo>, <queue>, <length> (See Replay Naming Options for further details)
– Added a naming preview when modifying replay naming scheme in the settings window.
– Fixed a bug which could sometimes cause SpecMode recording to fail
– Improved memory usage and fixed a memory leak which should reduce memory usage significantly for users with large numbers of replays.
– Fixed an issue which cause standard 126.96.36.199 replays to crash on loading.
– Fixed a bug which could cause some old replays to have playback issues such as full screen minimap.
– Fixed an issue which could cause the client to lock up when clicking “My Replays”
– Fixed an issue which could prevent some of the newer items being displayed in replay match details.
– Fixed a bug which could cause the LOLClient to crash if using both LOLReplay and LOLMatches clients at the same time.
– Fixed a bug which could stats being saved with replays.
– Fixed a bug which could prevent replays being saved in spectator mode.
– Added support for the new Proving Grounds map
– Fixed a bug which could cause the Air client to lock up in some rare cases.
– Client should again record match stats for each replay
– Fixed a bug which could cause the LOLReplay client to display a “Script Error” dialog
– Fixed an issue which could sometimes cause replays to display in the bottom right corner of the screen.